2023-2024 ACS HEALTH GUIDELINES
Athens Christian School COVID-19 and illness policy:
- Any individual who tests positive for COVID-19 should follow the advice of their healthcare provider.Close contacts should also follow the advice of their healthcare provider.
- ACS will no longer contact trace for COVID-19.
- Masking continues to be optional.
- ACS will continue to encourage hand washing/hand hygiene.
- As with any illness, you may not return to school until you are fever free x 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications AND your symptoms are improved. A fever is any temperature above 100.4F.
- The 24 hour rule also applies to vomiting and/or diarrhea.
Ways to combat the spread of infection are:
- hand washing/hand hygiene
- wiping down high touch areas
- temperature checks
- having students stay home if they are sick
As always, if you have any questions about your student's health, please contact the school nurse, Julie Smith RN, before sending your child to school.